Join Team UNICEF and we’ll help you get the most out of your sponsored event. We're here to help you every step of the way.
UNICEF is supported entirely by your donations so get active, get sponsored, have fun and together we can help make a lasting difference for children worldwide.
1. Find an event
Choose from: Marathons, Half Marathons, 10km, 5km and family fun runs, triathlons and ultra events, treks, bike rides, swims, overseas challenges and skydives.
2. Get a place
Once you've decided which event to take part in you'll need to apply for a place. In some events, we have guaranteed charity places, so you can apply for a Team UNICEF charity place. In other events you can register for your own place, then join Team UNICEF.
3. Join Team UNICEF
To join Team UNICEF, all you need to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Team UNICEF member you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children around the world by raising money for UNICEF UK. You'll also get:
- A UNICEF vest or T-shirt.
- Sponsor forms and a fundraising booklet full of top tips on how to raise sponsorship money, as well as training and nutrition tips for runners.
- Access to our online fundraising site - My Fundraising. It makes collecting funds easy and more money goes straight to our work, as we don't pay commission on money raised through this site.
- A dedicated member of staff to support you with your fundraising.
- Any information on UNICEF UK that you may need to show your sponsors where their money goes.
- Support from other runners on the Team UNICEF Facebook group.
4. Get active for Team UNICEF!
We look forward to supporting you on your journey from registration to completing your challenge, and hope that this will be your first event of many with Team UNICEF.
- Get training - we have training and nutrition tips for runners.
- Tell us about your fundraising so we can support you: type @UNICEF UK in your Facebook posts (you'll need to 'like' us first), type +UNICEF UK in your Google+ posts or type #TeamUNICEF on Twitter.
- Find out how fundraising makes a lasting difference to children.
- Set up a UNICEF UK online fundraising page.
- Promote your fundraising.
- Send in your money once you've finished all your fantastic fundraising.
How the money you raise helps
Thank you for fundraising for us and helping to make a lasting difference for vulnerable children around the world. We are supported entirely by your donations and together, we can help make sure that every child, no matter who they are or where they live, can grow up safe, happy and healthy.
Here's where your money could go:
- £5 = enough food to feed a malnourished child for a week.
- £20 = mosquito nets to protect 10 families from deadly malaria.
- £150 = a school-in-a-box containing school equipment for 40 children to continue with their education during an emergency or natural disaster.
Find out more about how the money you raise helps make a lasting difference.